Walking with an All-Knowing God

 “God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I'm an open book to you; even from a  distance, You know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of Your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and You're there, then up ahead and You're there, too - Your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, to wonderful - I can't take it all in!”

- Psalm 139:1-6 MSG -

Image result for god all knowing image


Have you ever struggled to understand how your parents already know what you're about to do because you haven't even said anything about it? Have you ever wondered how they know to tell you their experience before you do something new? I imagine this is how God feels with us and our life.

In the passage it makes it fairly clear that God knows what we are going to do before we ever do it. This also bring up the question of why does God not stop us from doing things that will turn out bad - especially if he already knows the outcome of our actions. I have always struggled with why God would do this. If we are God's children, isn't God supposed to protect us?

This psalm helps me to understand why God might do this, especially when you look at God as a parent figure. Parents can try to tell you not to do something, but they ultimately know that letting you do it for yourself and figure out the problem is what will make you remember not to do it again. I think this is how God looks at misdoings that you commit. He knows that through His grace you will be able to learn and God will walk with you through your learning.

We also have to remember that God gives us a choice to follow Him or not. Though God knows what you are going to choose throughout your life, God will always be there by your side. God never looses sight of the person He created you to be, even if you begin to lose sight. God always will have a reassuring presence that will be guiding you through your life.

Remember that God will always guide you and knows where you are heading. Pray and thank God for His unending grace and abundant love for you are one of His children!

To Read More: Psalm 139:1-24Job 37:14-24, 1 John 3:18-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light as a Feather

God's Overlook

Light in the Darkness