Recharge

“Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He doesn’t grow tired or weary. His understanding is beyond human reach, giving power to the tired and reviving the exhausted. Youths will become tired and weary, young men will certainly stumble, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will fly up on wings like eagles; they will run and not be tired; they will walk and not be weary.”

Isaiah 40: 28-31 CEB


 Image result for energy


You know that moment, when you’re on your phone and all of the sudden you realize that your battery percentage is on 5% or 10%? This stage is fun because it’s not at that urgent state where you have to find a charger, but you go ahead and close all of your apps, or you stop playing a game, or you do whatever it takes so that the battery will last for as long as it can. Sometimes it seems like it stays at 5% forever and is somehow producing its own energy to keep the charge so you can play one more level or watch one more person’s Snapchat story.

I feel like this is how we go through life sometimes, just cruising through on the 5% mark. We hope that we can make it just a little longer, read one more chapter, make it through one more class, or get through one more day until it’s Saturday and we get to sleep in and relax. I know that this happens to me a lot. I spread myself so thin between school, friends, hobbies, and everything else, that it seems like I’m often running on low battery.

Church has always been the thing to renew my spirit, and re-energize me for the week. When I was in youth, I knew that I NEEDED to come to church Sunday nights. There was something about youth that made me feel so renewed and rejuvenated. It took me a long time to realize that it was God who was recharging me every week. In this verse from Isaiah we learn that we are going to be exhausted, tired, and weary. But, when we lean into God, we find a never ending supply of love, forgiveness, support, and hope. All of those things, and many other gifts from God, fill us up, renew our spirits, and bring us back to 100% energy. So in those moments where you feel like your battery is running low, seek out the unlimited supply of energy that only God can provide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light as a Feather

God's Overlook

Light in the Darkness